Translate

08 October 2016

Scylla and Charybdis

Saturday, 8 October 2016

I had biked an errand this morning, the 4-mile ride to the Farmers' Market, but I didn't feel a need to record the errand.

After breakfast, I had an hour or so for a ride before we planned to go see "The Girl on the Train" and "Birth of a Nation." So I took Blue out into the Indian Canyons. Today both Andreas and Murray Canyons were closed for a benefit dinner, so my only route available was toward the Trading Post. By the time I passed between Scylla and Charybdis (the tight passage between the hillside and a single-rock outcropping), I had already done 35 minutes allotted for my ride. So I turned around immediately and pushed to be back within 25 minutes, following the same course. I arrived home a few minutes over, but still pretty close.

Ride conditions
Temperature: 93°F at 13:00
Precipitation: none
Winds: 5 to 10 from the east
Clothing: Skinsuit, ankle socks, open-finger gloves
Bike: Lotus Legend fixed 48x16
Time: 55:06 for 14.74 miles
Heart rate: 136 bpm HRave, 147 bpm HRmax
Bikeway users: 3 cyclists
Playback of the ride

No comments: