Translate

27 November 2011

Bob Hope climb and tour of Araby Cove

Sunday, 27 November 2011

Man, am I out of shape! Before I left home, our discussion of when I should be back included my statement, "I'll probably make a few repeats of the climb" up the hill toward Bob Hope's mansion on Rimcrest. As it was, I made only two attempts, and both included a recuperation stop at some point below the top of the climb. So much for the long time of inactivity for the bike commute.

I'll give myself one or two days of rest and then make the attempt again.. Clearly I'm not fit enough for any successful outing on the Goat Trails, so a week of training on the Bob Hope ascent and a few commutes to the gym may help in regaining any lost ground.

Ride conditions
Temperature: 58 to 68°F at 08:45 and 10:35
Precipitation: none
Winds: calm 
Clothing: Skinsuit, ankle socks, open-finger gloves
Bike: Trek off-road bike
Time: 01:00:50 for 10.13 miles
Heart rate: 129 bpm HRave, 156 bpm HRmax
Playback of the ride

No comments: