Translate

14 October 2011

Bike-commute day 94—to gym and home

Friday, 14 October 2011

It's been a very long time since I stopped at Cardinal Fitness on my way home from work. I was able to stop there today only because I worked a partial day. That left the afternoon for the gym visit and going to the Neon to see The Future.

I had to leave Kodak at noon, since overtime is not allowed. I had worked a very long day Wednesday to finish revisions on a book that must be reviewed and completed by the end of October. After FrameMaker "blew up" three times while making the PDF, it finally succeeded after I made enough space available for builing the intermediate files. So I left that evening after 12.5 hours of work. So I cut the workday short to avoid recording more than 40 hours. CEO Antonio Perez announced several acts of belt tightening. And in August, Kodak announced that about a thousand of its patents on imaging technology were offered for sale. Perhaps revenue producers like the Versamark and Prosper brands offer another strength in the transition to a digital focus.

Ride conditions
Temperature: 56 to 60°F at 11:45
Precipitation: none
Winds: 5 to 15 mph from the southwest
Clothing: Skinsuit, longsleeve undershirt, ankle socks, open-finger gloves
Bike: Lotus Legend fixed gear
Time: 1:02:06 for 15.82 miles
Heart rate: 132 bpm HRave, 149 bpm HRmax
Bikeway users: 10 cyclists, 4 pedestrians, 1 dog
Playback of the ride

No comments: