Translate

24 September 2016

Further on Mike Dunn's Trail

Friday, 23 September 2016

I'm still trying to ride allllll the way up the initial Dunn Road climb. It's still much more a hike than a bike. Once I got to the top of the initial climb, I could see that Mike Dunn had graded a long expanse of fill off to the north, which was to be "Lower Dunn Road." It looks like it's passable, at least to the top of the next climb. I'll have to try that sometime, but it was not for today. My intention for this ride was to ascend the incline off the second plain, and I reached it to find that more ascents are around the corner. (So I have another goal for the next ride.) The photo is my view from near the turn-around at almost mile 6.



Ride conditions
Temperature: 85°F at 15:45
Precipitation: none
Winds: calm to 5 mph 
Clothing: Skinsuit, full-finger gloves
Bike: Trek Fuel/EX mountain bike
Time: 01:54:24 for 11.95 miles and 2305 ft climbing
Heart rate: 131 bpm HRave, 152 bpm HRmax
Bikeway users: 1 hiker
Playback of the ride

No comments: