The Garmin device conked out once during the ride, for about two blocks between Broadway and Salem. Otherwise, it performed well.
I spent some time thinking about what I need to bring with for tomorrow's Bike to Work Day and Cycling Summit. Here's my notated list:
- Skinsuit to wear for the ride to Riverscape
- Gym shorts, t-shirt, flip-flops to change into at the pancake breakfast
- A+D cream
- Skinsuit—wear the same one to the Kroc Center
- Sport towel and non-sudsying soap to clean and dry off at the Kroc Center—change into the gym shorts and t-shirt
- Spare sweatshirt—in case it's too air-conditioned
- Skinsuit, a fresh one for the ride home and maybe a 10-30 mile exercise ride
- Basics of course: cash, wallet with driver's license and credit card, RoadID, charged cellphone
Temperature: 54 to 55°F at 06:21 and 58 to 63°F at 09:30
Precipitation: none, but bikeway was almost wet in some parts
Winds: calm to 5 mph from the north and northeast
Clothing: 2 layers top, skinsuit, ankle socks, full-finger gloves.
Bike: Trek 850
Time: 00:48:32 for 11.92 miles
Heart rate: 128 bpm average, 151 bpm maximum
Bikeway users: 2 cyclist, 3 pedestrians, 0 dogs, 12 goslings
Here is a playback of the ride. 11th Garmin day.