Translate

09 May 2011

Bike-commute day 21—to gym and home

My ride was going very well after a solid chest and shoulders workout at the gym, and as I approached Burkhardt, I saw Phil Hinrichs chatting with two other cyclists. He introduced me to Wayne and Dianne, and we spoke a bit of commuting by bike. Phil offered to ride with me as I clipped in, and we rode together almost to the downstream end of the Mad River Bikeway. But Phil turned around where the river still flooded the bikeway. The water was not as deep as my bottom bracket, so I coasted through it and continued home.

Ride conditions
Temperature: 73 to 78°F at 17:10
Precipitation: none
Winds: calm to 5 mph from the east
Clothing: skinsuit; ankle socks. Open-finger gloves.
Bike: Trek 850
Time: 01:02:21 for 15.71 miles
Heart rate: 124 bpm average, 141 bpm maximum
Bikeway users: 21 cyclists, 14 pedestrians, 4 dogs
Here is a playback of the ride. 6th Garmin day.

Note about the illustration
The line drawings were published online and captured by me during the playback. The video provides stills from The Art of Frank Patterson by Horace F. Button, which was published 1952 by Temple Press, Ltd.

No comments: