Translate

01 September 2011

Bike-commute day 78—to home

Thursday, 1 September 2011

I found myself pushing hard today, since I left work a half hour later than I had hoped to. Late in the afternoon today, Chuck expressed a wish to go to a film at the Neon tonight, and during the phone call I looked up the times: Another Earth plays at 7:50. So I placed the burden on Chuck to have plans for dinner that would allow my arrival and shower to be done by 7 p.m.

The going was good through checkpoint 2, and high winds along the Mad River made my third leg much slower than I wanted. Nevertheless I made it home by about 6:40. Chuck was on his way back from Linh's Asian Market with two Vietnamese sandwiches for us.  

Ride conditions
Temperature: 95 to 103°F at 17:30
Precipitation: none
Winds: 10 to 15 mph from the west
Clothing: Skinsuit, ankle socks, open-finger gloves
Bike: Lotus Legend fixed gear
Time: 00:41:29 for 11.92 miles
Heart rate: 133 bpm HRave, 147 bpm HRmax
Bikeway users: 19 cyclists, 4 pedestrians
Playback of the ride

No comments: