Translate

22 September 2011

Bike-commute day 85—to gym and home

Thursday, 22 September 2011

On my way to and from a short workout at Cardinal Fitness, I saw Scott working in his yard.

At Cardinal, the workout consisted of bench presses, barbell curls, pec deck alternating with delt deck, and cable pushdowns. I talked with Brandon, who is goalie on the Wright State hockey team. He observed that the team lacks defensive skills and they can't pass or score, though they are fast on the ice.

As I left the Eastwood gate, I passed a male cyclist on a road bike who seemed to be on an acceleration up to a good speed. Immediately ahead of him was a pair of women who I had first thought he was chasing to catch. I pedaled on, gaining quite a nice speed tempo through the Findlay underpass. Then at the corner back to paralleling the river, I caught a peripheral glimpse of the rider in the red-yellow jersey. It was time for  a breather, and he caught me at the old bridge buttress. His name is Jim, and he bikes this path infrequently .

At my normal third checkpoint, I made a quick loop up to Brixx to see if the cycling group was meeting there, but I found that the meeting was Tuesday.

Ride conditions
Temperature: 71 to 76°F at 17:20
Precipitation: none
Winds: 5 to 10 mph from westerly
Clothing: Skinsuit, ankle socks, open-finger gloves
Bike: Lotus Legend fixed gear
Time: 01:00:24 for 16.67 miles
Heart rate: 138 bpm HRave, 157 bpm HRmax
Bikeway users: 9 cyclists, 14 pedestrians, 2 dogs
Playback of the ride

No comments: