Translate

12 September 2011

Bike-commute day 82—to home

Monday, 12 September 2011

I didn't intend to make a fast commute tonight, but I left a lot later than I should have. Nevertheless, I tried to keep my exertion down to a fairly low level.

I was working late to make up for a doctor's appointment tomorrow, when I'm scheduled for a cardiac stress test and an echocardiogram. Ch says I won't see Dr. Markus at the two tests, but that he may schedule another visit to discuss the results. I hope that there will be a written report or image for my records.

At Riverscape, The Unit was holding their Boot Camp Training. A group of thirty men and women were double-stepping up and down the stairs beside the sluice, and another group of twenty was performing calisthenics at the Y formed by three segments of ramp between the river bikeway and the Riverscape plaza. I pulled up to talk with Terry Perdue, who was guiding the aerobic work at the stairs. His enthusiasm is infectious, and I almost jumped off my bike to join in the stair climbing.

Ride conditions
Temperature: 80 to 83°F at 18:30
Precipitation: none
Winds: calm to 10 mph from the south and west
Clothing: Skinsuit, ankle socks, open-finger gloves
Bike: Lotus Legend fixed gear
Time: 00:42:41 for 12.07 miles
Heart rate: 129 bpm HRave, 145 bpm HRmax
Bikeway users: 21 cyclists, 24 pedestrians, 3 dogs
Playback of the ride

No comments: