Translate

09 June 2011

Bike-commute day 35—to work


I hoped to have started out as early as 07:00 this morning, but didn't get out the door until 07:48. So I whipped myself as I rode my commute for the first time in six days. I had taken some errand rides over the weekend, but no commutes to allow for bringing Chuck home from the airport and making his first couple days comfortable. And so today, Thursday, was my first bike-commute since Friday.

From today on, I'm changing my morning routine to eat a breakfast bagel at work, after the commute. I plan to continue brewing a latté or French roast drip coffee before the ride, consumed while I feed Howard, read the Wall Street Journal, and do other tasks before I leave for the morning. For example, today I watered the plants in the front yard and a few that needed water in the back yard while I waited for the WSJ delivery.


Ride conditions
Temperature: 75 to 79°F at 06:55, 81 to 85°F at 10:00
Precipitation: none
Winds: calm to 10 mph from the north-northwest
Clothing: Skinsuit, ankle socks, open-finger gloves.
Bike: Lotus Legend fixed gear
Time: 00:44:47 for 11.86 miles
Heart rate: 126 bpm average, 146 bpm maximum
Bikeway users: 4 cyclists, 3 pedestrians, 1 dog
Here is a playback of the ride.

No comments: