Translate

14 July 2011

Bike-commute day 53—to work

Thursday, 14 July 2011.

Ce jour-c'est le quatorze de juillet, la fête de la Bastille, et je suppose que les courreurs feront une étape française aujour-d'hui. Yes, I've been watching the Tour de France, avec horreur parce-que ces écrasements choquants.

Yesterday morning was the first day in July that I noticed another cyclist with Tour colors, and I called out, "Hey, it's the yellow jersey right here!" as we passed each other. I think I saw the same rider again on my return commute, and I noted his yellow jersey was actually a jersey  that advocates a 3-foot passing space for autos. A safety-yellow jersey.

My performance today was low-energy, probably due to the sleep deficit I've developed because of watching the recorded Tour broadcasts.

Ride conditions
Temperature: 59 to 64°F at 06:45
Precipitation: none
Winds: calm to 5 mph from the north
Clothing: Skinsuit, ankle socks, open-finger gloves.
Bike: Lotus Legend fixed gear
Time: 00:43:39 for 11.93 miles
Heart rate: 129 bpm HRave, 150 bpm HRmax
Bikeway users: 17 cyclists, 7 pedestrians, 5 dogs
Playback of the ride.

No comments: