Translate

20 July 2011

Bike-commute day 55—to gym and home

Wednesday, 20  July 2011.

Whew! It was really hot this afternoon. Accordingly, I again took it easy on my way to the gym and then home. But still my time was usual for the route, though I kept my HR mostly within a range of 130 to 140 bpm.

When I arrived home, Chuck was there to open the door for me. I stepped inside to a refrigerator blast, it seemed, and I stepped onto the deck to remove my wet skinsuit, dry off, and put on a pair of shorts. Chuck left for a quick errand, and I prepared a light dinner of two types of fish (cod and salmon) broiled with fresh green grapes from our arbor

Ride conditions
Temperature: 95 to 102°F at 16:25
Precipitation: none
Winds: 5 to 10 mph from the west
Clothing: Skinsuit, ankle socks, open-finger gloves...but maybe it would have been better naked
Bike: Lotus Legend fixed gear
Time: 00:58:54 for 15.76 miles
Heart rate: 129 bpm HRave, 151 bpm HRmax
Bikeway users: 10 cyclists, 9 pedestrians, 2 dogs
Playback of the ride.

No comments: