Translate

29 July 2011

Bike-commute day 61—to work

Friday, 29 July 2011.

My morning commute was the second half of my 61st day of bike-commuting, which results from driving to work yesterday with my bike in the van and biking home in the evening. This afternoon, I'll drive home with my bike in the van again.

I developed this practice for the parts of the year when the daylight time is too short than the time needed for two commutes and a full day of work. My typical week then alternates one day in which I drive to work with the bike in my van in the morning and then bike home with the next day in which I bike to work and then pack up the bike for the drive home.

My commute seemed to be energized today, in contrast to the last week of cycling with lower energy. The last time that I had the same average speed (17.4 h) was almost two weeks ago.

Ride conditions
Temperature: 75 to 79°F at 07:30
Precipitation: none
Winds: calm to 5 mph from the south
Clothing: Skinsuit, ankle socks, open-finger gloves.
Bike: Lotus Legend fixed gear
Time: 00:40:33 for 11.93 miles
Heart rate: 128 bpm HRave, 147 bpm HRmax
Bikeway users: 13 cyclists, 11 pedestrians, 2 dogs
Playback of the ride.

No comments: