Translate

22 August 2011

Bike-commute day 72—to work

Monday, 22 August 2011

Very few people on the bikeway this morning, and only a couple of the regulars. The most notable was a cyclist who headed parallel to me just outside of Eastwood Park. I rode the bikeway immediately adjacent to Springfield Street, and he took the right edge of the right lane. His pace was just a bit better than mine, and he passed in front of me as I took the crossing into the winding creek path.

I passed the Kiwi and her younger riding partner, this time with us going in opposite directions near the DPL executive golf course. And I passed Paul in the curve between Woodbine and Woodman. I stopped and u-turned to ask the names of his two dogs: Ruby and Bettis-the-Labrador. Pet names can tell a lot about a person, and I surmise that Paul was a Steelers fan about ten years ago.

Ride conditions
Temperature: 55 to 60°F at 07:30
Precipitation: none
Winds: calm
Clothing: Skinsuit, ankle socks, open-finger gloves
Bike: Lotus Legend fixed gear
Time: 00:43:22 for 11.95 miles
Heart rate: 119 bpm HRave, 140 bpm HRmax
Bikeway users: 6 cyclists, 5 pedestrians, 3 dogs
Playback of the ride

No comments: