Translate

26 August 2011

Bike-commute day 75—to gym and home

Friday, 26 August 2011

My commute home was some four hours earlier than usual. Kodak has announced new austerity measures that preclude working and billing for overtime. Since I had already put in five hours in late evenings through the week, I was advised to take the afternoon off in lieu of billing for overtime.

I left the Garmin device on while doing my 8-exercise weight training. The result was a confusion of spikes and lows in HR counterposed with strangely fluctuating speeds from 0 to3 mph.

At my third checkpoint, I left the bikeway to grab an iced coffee at Press so I would have sufficient energy to do a bit of gardening before the evening shadows lengthened..

Ride conditions
Temperature: 77 to 82°F at 12:45
Precipitation: none
Winds: calm to 10 mph, variable
Clothing: Skinsuit, ankle socks, open-finger gloves
Bike: Lotus Legend fixed gear
Time: 01:16:179:27 for 18.32 miles
Heart rate: 122 bpm HRave, 152 bpm HRmax
Bikeway users: 5 cyclists, 9 pedestrians, 1 dog
Playback of the ride

No comments: