Translate

18 August 2011

Bike-commute day 70—to work

Thursday, 18 August 2011

It was a slow, easy pace today, perhaps I need to recover from last night's ride of higher intensity. Overnight, I woke perhaps four times with cramps in my right calf, which is another sign of a higher level of performance yesterday. So I enjoyed the time on the bike without pressure to make a good time.

I stopped to introduce myself to one of the regulars, Paul (yet another Paul) and his dog Stinky. We talked a bit, and I found he's been using the bikeway to walk his dog ever since it was built. Back on my way, I saw Gladys and Millie on their way to Linden Avenue and Gene and his dog Patches under the Haverfield Canopy.

Ride conditions
Temperature: 73 to 77°F at 07:55
Precipitation: none
Winds: 5 to 10 mph from the north
Clothing: Skinsuit, ankle socks, open-finger gloves
Bike: Lotus Legend fixed gear
Time: 00:42:35 for 11.92 miles
Heart rate: 123 bpm HRave, 144 bpm HRmax
Bikeway users: 32 cyclists, 8 pedestrians, 1 dog
Playback of the ride

No comments: